The Author's House invites artists who work on literary or visual works in various forms. The purpose of stay at the residence is to work on the project.
The length of stay in the residency is 2 to 8 weeks.
Applications are accepted throughout the year.
Each year, the Author's House provides 2 full and 20 partial grants of 3 categories, which partially cover the cost of staying in the residence.
The residency is managed by Anonymous Authors, NGO, which forwards received contributions in full to the support and development of the residency.
How to apply:
1. Fill in the application;
2. Get an answer on your application and grant of support (if provided);
3. Confirm your intentions by a return letter;
4. Make the contribution to the account of Anonymous Authors or use the full grant;
5. Come to the island of Zakynthos to write or paint.
Terms of stay:
• Accommodation: separate room with private bathroom;
• Use of common areas of the house: a kitchen, a living room with a library, veranda;
• Free internet access through Wi-Fi throughout the home;
• Writing supplies - paper, pencils, pens;
• Excursion by the island (optional);
• Consultations on creative writing (optional);
• Friendly environment and creative process support.
What are we expecting from the author:
• Regular artwork during stay in the residence;
• Mention of the name of the residency "Author's House on Zakynthos Island" in the works created during the residence;
• A draft manuscript in a free form, filled with the author's works or sketches of the island. Notebooks have the same format, are provided to residents and after the end of stay remain in the residence in memory of the work process of the author. Nothing serious, only creative sparks here and there;
• A mention of the residence on the pages of social networks of the Author (if any);
About the grants:
Every year Author's House will issue grants of 30%, 50% and 70% support to work at the residency.
Grant Program # 1 - Full Grant for Residency.
Grant Program # 2 - 30% of support. Accommodation fee:
245 € per week.
Grant program # 3 - 50% of support. Accommodation fee:
€175 per week.
Grant Program # 4 - 70% of support. Accommodation fee:
€105 per week.
Outside of the grant program, the residence fee is:
Mandatory cleaning fee - 30€
The applicant is responsible for the costs of travel, food and travel insurance. The Author's House can provide proof of acceptance to the residence, for further processing of the application for a travel grant.